Following the announcement made by the Honorable Prime Minister yesterday on 16th March 2020 at 10pm, it has been declared that the entire country will be on a "Movement Control Order" starting from 18th March until 31st March 2020 as precautionary measures by the Malaysian Government to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and safeguard the health of our communities.
NRMCA members and affiliates are encouraged to adhere to the directives made by the Government. For more information, members can refer to the following websites from time to time.
- National Security Council – www.mkn.gov.my
- Ministry of Works – www.kkr.gov.my
- Ministry of Human Resources – www.mohr.gov.my
- Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia – www.cidb.gov.my
- Ministry of Health – www.moh.gov.my
Any inquiries on the "Movement Control Order" can be directed to the National Operations Management Center at hotline 03-8888 2010.
We urged everyone in construction industry whom are related directly or indirectly to take the following measures:
- To control and ensure the safety and health, and security as well as fire protection at work site throughout this period;
- To ensure all construction works are free from any damage or possibility from being stolen;
- To ensure documents and project records are safe at work site;
- To record photos of project progress at work site on the current day;
- To take all necessary steps to ensure that all of your obligations to the work are continued after the prohibition directives
We here at NRMCA understand that this fight will not be easy for all, but individually or as a company or association we need to do our part. We are doing our part in social solidarity, and we are all hopeful that this 2 weeks will ease the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your support and patience as we work together to bring you the latest update from time to time.